The Pritzker School of Medicine Experience in Research (PSOMER) is an NIH-sponsored summer pipeline program held on the University of Chicago campus. Students apply from around the country to participate in a rigorous, mentored, and highly supportive experience, and are provided with on-campus housing as well as a generous stipend. Participants in the program are rising college seniors or students rising into a post baccalaureate program. Applicants must be US citizens or have Permanent Resident status. The program seeks students who come from disadvantaged backgrounds and/or who represent groups that are known to be underrepresented in health related sciences and medicine.
The deadline for submission is January 13th, 2017. It is necessary to complete the online application to be considered for the program. More information can be found on the PSOMER webpage. If you have any questions regarding the process of application or any of the requirements, please contact the Pritzker School of Medicine Office of Multicultural Affairs.
Key Program Dates
- Program Dates: Monday, June 12, 2017 – Friday, August 4, 2017
- Application Deadline: Friday, January 13, 2017
- Transcript Submission Deadline: Monday, January 16, 2017
- Contact: The Pritzker School of Medicine Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Phone number: 773-702-8946
- Email address: The Pritzker School of Medicine Office of Multicultural Affairs
To apply to PSOMER follow the steps below:
- Go to https://uchicago.advisestream.com/signup
- Enter the requested information, including the PSOMER access token PSOMER: f4ddf24e61816141d584edc1b09488c2
- Look for an email from AdviseStream with a temporary password.
- Once you log in, access your application to PSOMER from your main dashboard under “Apply > Opportunities.”
For more details on navigating the application, please view the Applicant Guide.