William Alexander Jackson Ross, Sr., M.D. was a prominent Orthopedic Surgeon in the Oakland/San Francisco Bay Area. He strongly believed in eliminating healthcare disparities among minorities and was a dedicated member of the Sinker Miller Association. Dr. Ross passed away in 2007. In his honor and to continue his legacy, his family is funding this scholarship to assist residents who are in a surgery training program.
- Applicants must be Black/African American and from the Oakland/San Francisco Bay Area
- Applicant must be in good standing in an accredited residency surgery program in the country
- Applicants must plan to pursue their medical career as a physician and live in the Oakland/San Francisco Bay Area
- Applicants must demonstrate a financial need
Please download the Scholarship Application below for more information and to apply for the Physicians Medical Forum Scholarships.
- Application Deadline: Monday, September 23, 2019