Calendar of Events
Starting Wednesday, April 8, 2020
Community Service Ambassador Internship Program
A community service learning program for post-baccalaureate students, college/university students and high school students who want to become physicians and pharmacists.
Wednesday, April 8, 2020 – 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Saturday, April 18, 2020 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday, April 25, 2020 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday, May 2, 2020 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday, May 9, 2020 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday, May 16, 2020 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM (Closing Ceremony and Awarding of Certificates/Gifts)
Program Highlights include interactive Lecture Series with topics on:
- Primary Care Medicine including Hypertension, Diabetes, Mental Health
- Health Care Disparities
- Surgical lectures including OB/GYN, Orthopedic/Sports Medicine, Cardiology, General Surgery,
- Practical Skills Sessions including: Examinations, Patient Interviews, Diagnosis, Counseling, etc.
- Personal Statement and Interviewing Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Create a health educational video or Powerpoint
- Networking and mentoring with medical students, residents, and physicians
- Video editing training
For more information, please visit PMF’s website to submit on-application or contact
firstname.lastname@example.org. Slots fill up quickly.
Doctors Rock: An Afternoon of Networking, Mentoring and Great Food”
Date/Location – To Be Announced
For medical students, physicians/residents, and faculty/administrators
Physicians Medical Forum Visiting Elective Scholarship Program (VESP), Visiting Clerkship (VCP)
A visiting rotation Scholarship/stipends for 4th-year students who are interested in doing their residency at either:
- UCSF School of Medicine
- UC Davis School of Medicine
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland
Note: The scholarships/stipends seek those students who are ultimately interested in practicing medicine and pursuing their careers here in the Oakland/San Francisco Northern California Bay Area.