Pipeline Internships & Programs
Kaiser Permanente Northern California 2022 Introduction to Integrated Health Care Virtual Summer Program
Current rising 2nd year medical students demonstrating a superior interest in community health, and who seek to promote culturally-sensitive care are being sought for this very unique opportunity.
Participants will experience an integrated health care system virtually understand population based health care, use technology in clinical settings, and develop relationships with clinical mentors. Students will also appreciate the importance of language and culture in providing quality health care to patients.
Students will receive weekly live virtual presentations access to an online learning platform, and meet The Permanente Medical Group physicians from various clinical settings.
Application Opens: October 1, 2021 – January 31, 2022
Virtual Program Dates: Session One: June 4 – 24 or Session Two: July 9 – 29
Free Pre-Medical Postbaccalaureate Webinar
The UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium is a partnership of postbaccalaureate premedical programs at the Schools of Medicine at UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC Los Angeles, and UC San Francisco. The mission of the Consortium is to increase the number of physicians who practice in shortage areas of California by assisting capable and dedicated students from disadvantaged backgrounds in gaining admission to medical school.
This session will offer a program overview including the timeline for the UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium pre-medical programs and general information about postbaccalaureate programs and the different reasons to apply to one. This session will also include a Q&A session with UC Consortium alumni attending!
September 15, 2021
4-5 PM PST
September 16, 2021
12-1 PM PST
Kaiser Permanente Northern California Residency Programs Virtual Open House
Join us for this interactive event where you may participate in a simulation challenge and meet program directors, faculty, and residents from residency programs across Northern California during program breakout sessions.
Programs represented include:
- Emergency Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Podiatric Surgery
- Adult Psychiatry
- Date: Saturday, August 28, 2021
- Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- 9:00 am: Welcome and special guest speakers
- 9:45 am: Simulation Challenge
- 11:20 am: Residency Program Breakouts Open
- 12:50 pm: Closing Remarks
Register by Wednesday, August 25th, 2021
American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
KP Launch Summer Internship Program
Through KP LAUNCH, Kaiser Permanente offers unique and dynamic health care internship programs that provide interns with practical job skills and experiences in a supportive environment. Our goal is to bring students coming from underserved communities and backgrounds underrepresented in health care careers into the KP LAUNCH program for exposure to various business and healthcare careers.
We invite you to learn about the KP LAUNCH summer internship program of 2020 and apply by visiting our website. While working, interns gain exposure to various health careers that they may choose to pursue.
KP LAUNCH interns will have the opportunity to:
- Work full-time within various Kaiser Permanente departments for eight weeks
- Learn about a variety of different health careers opportunities
- Meet and learn from health professionals and their internship program peers
- Gain professional and personal development through workshops
The summer 2020 program is scheduled to take place starting as early as Monday, June 8 and end by Friday, August 14 depending on the local school schedule. This eight-week internship experience will be offered to a select number of interns at a Northern California Kaiser Permanente facility closest to their home.
If you are interested and qualified for this program, please apply online at our website between Friday, December 13, 2019 and Friday, January 10, 2020 by 11:59 p.m. PST.
- Must be between the ages of 16 and 19 by June 1, 2020
- Must be enrolled in high school; general education degree (GED) program with no previous college experience since graduating from high school
- Must have an interest in working in a healthcare environment
- Must be able to work full-time, 40 hours per week during the eight-week program
- Must undergo and pass all Kaiser Permanente employment requirements to include: providing proof of the legal right to work in the United States; a background check (if ages 18 or over); and a drug and health screening
Applicants who are dependents of Kaiser Permanente employees are ineligible to participate in the KP LAUNCH summer internship programs.
Please refer to our website if you have any questions. You may contact a program representative for further questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.