2022 Summer Program for current 1st-year medical students
Our program seeks to attract medical student leaders who value culturally sensitive care and who seek to provide our communities with health care solutions.
Participants will experience an integrated health care system virtually understand population based health care, use technology in clinical settings, and develop relationships with clinical mentors. Students will also appreciate the importance of language and culture in providing quality health care to patients.
Students will receive weekly live virtual presentations access to an online learning platform, and meet The Permanente Medical Group physicians from various clinical settings.
- Must be a current 1st-year medical student at the time of submitting an application
- Must be available the complete the entire duration of one of two three-week sessions:
- Session One: June 4-24 or
- Session Two: July 9-29
- Demonstrated commitment and achievement in community health and culturally sensitive care
- Applications must include a completed essay, CV, and letter of good standing from your medical school, no exceptions
- If selected, the participant must successfully complete the first year of medical school in the Spring of 2022 and must be in good academic standing at that time (no summer make-ups)
Virtual Program Dates:
Session 1: June 4 – 24
Session 2: July 9 – 29
How To Apply
Applications are open to first-year medical students that are seeking an opportunity to learn from the largest integrated health care delivery system in California.
January 31, 2022