Highland Internal Medicine Visiting Elective Scholarship Program
- Fourth year visiting medical students whose racial or ethnic identities are underrepresented in medicine, students who identify as LGBTQ, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, and/or students from disadvantaged backgrounds (e.g. family with an annual income below established low-income thresholds).
- Student must be in good academic standing at an accredited medical school
- Interest in pursuing a career in Internal Medicine
- Interest in serving underserved populations
- Academic achievement (as indicated by transcripts, letter of recommendation, etc.)
- Demonstrating a commitment to the advancement of culturally and/or linguistically responsive care or diversity through leadership, research or community involvement.
How To Apply
The application process requires submission of the following:
- Essay outlining why you think you would be a good candidate to receive the scholarship
- Medical School transcripts
- USMLE Step 1 score report
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member with whom you have worked clinically
More Information or to Apply
Scholarship applications must be received by April 30, 2023. If you have any questions about the scholarship, please contact Dr. Bruketawit Girma at firstname.lastname@example.org