FOR THE 2013 Scholarships. Please check back June 2014.
PHYSICIANS MEDICAL FORUM SCHOLARSHIPS
The Physicians Medical Forum (PMF) offers annual scholarships to African American medical students and residents who are in good standing at an accredited medical school or residency program.
- Applicants must plan to pursue their medical career as a physician and reside in the Oakland/San Francisco Bay Area
- Applicants must be in good standing at their medical school or residency program
- Applicants must demonstrate a financial need
Please download the Scholarship Application below for more information and to apply for the Physicians Medical Forum Scholarships.
SINKLER MILLER MEDICAL ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP
Sinkler Miller Medical Association offers annual scholarships to high school, nursing and medical students who are African American.
- Applicants must provide verification of acceptance into college or enrollment in medical or nursing school.
- High school students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or a graduate GPA of 3.0
- Medical and nursing students must be in good standing in the accredited medical or nursing school applicant is attending.
- Applicants must demonstrate a financial need.
To apply for the Sinkler Miller Medical Association Scholarship and for more information please click link below to download the Scholarship Application.
DONALD R. TOWNSEND, M.D. SCHOLARSHIP FOR RESIDENTS
Donald R. Townsend, M.D. was a prominent Orthopedic Surgeon in the Oakland/San Francisco Bay Area. He strongly believed in eliminating healthcare disparities among minorities and was a dedicated member of the Sinkler Miller Medical Association. Dr. Townsend passed away in 2009. In his honor and to continue his legacy, his family & friends are funding this scholarship to assist residents who are in a surgery training program.
This scholarship will be awarded to residents in a surgery training program.
For more information or to apply for the Donald R. Townsend, M.D. Scholarship, please download the application below.